12V Input Voltage 5A Continuous Load eFuse
HL8511 - Halo Microelectronics
This page contains information on a preproduction product. Specifications and information are subject to change without notice. Please contact factory for more information.
The HL8511 is a family of eFuses designed to protect circuitry on the output (OUT) from transients on power bus (IN) and large inrush current and protect the power bus from undesired output shorts and unexpected over-load condition.
When the output ramps up, inrush current is limited by limiting the slew rate of output voltage. The slew rate is controlled by a small capacitor at SS pin. An internal small current source charges the SS pin external capacitor. The output voltage tracks the SS pin voltage with a constant ratio until internal power MOSFET is fully turned on. When user leaves SS pin floating, the output typical ramps up time is 0.4ms.
For more detailed description of the device, please download a product brief.
- Integrated 28mΩ power FET
- Operating voltage range: 4.5-13.8V
- Output over-voltage clamp: 16.5V maximum clamp voltage
- Thermal fault protection:
- HL8511FN01: auto retry
- HL8511FN02: latch off
- Programmable output ramps up rate
- Programmable UVLO
- Programmable, high accuracy current limit from 1A to 5A
- Meet the IEC 62368 requirements (single point failure and Annex G.9)
- DFN-10L 3mm x 3mm
For more information or a full datasheet request, please contact the factory at firstname.lastname@example.org.