3MHz 1.5A Buck Converter
HL7507 - Halo Microelectronics
The HL7507 is a synchronous buck converter optimized to supply different sub systems of portable applications. Its input voltage range is 2.5-5.5V. Its output voltage is a factory pre-set value and 2 optional output ranges are available for various application fields.
The HL7507 can deliver up to 1.5A while maintaining over 80% efficiency at load currents as low as 10mA. It operates at a high frequency of 3MHz, which greatly reduces the value of the external components. A wide range of output capacitors can be used to optimize VOUT stability during load transients. The inductors from 0.33μH to 1.0μH may be used without affecting loop stability.
At moderate to light loads, the pulse frequency modulation (PFM) is used to maintain conversion efficiency with a typical non-switching quiescent current of 42µA. Even with such a low quiescent current, the HL7507 maintains excellent load and line transient responses. At higher loads, the system automatically switches to fixed-frequency pulse width modulation (PWM) operation at 3MHz for minimum VOUT ripple and optimal load transient response. In shutdown mode, the supply current drops below 1μA and reduces a power consumption. The PFM mode can be disabled if needed by setting MODE pin high.
The HL7507 can also synchronize to an external clock signal at MODE pin if it is qualified to have the correct frequency value around 1.5MHz.
- Input voltage ranges: 2.5-5.5V
- Output voltage ranges: 0.3-2.75V
- Factory programmable fixed output voltage
- Maximum output current: 1.5A
- 3MHz PWM with seamless PWM/PFM switching for light-load efficiency
- Excellent load and line transient
- Quiescent current in PFM tristate: 42μA
- Comprehensive protections
- Input under-voltage lockout (UVLO)
- Over-current and short-circuit protections
- Thermal shutdown
- 1.6mm x 1.6mm DFN-6 package
For more information or a full datasheet request, please contact the factory at email@example.com.