2.2MHz 3A Buck Converter
HL7505 - Halo Microelectronics
The HL7505 is a synchronous buck converter optimized to supply different sub systems of portable applications. Its input voltage range is 2.5-5.5V.
The HL7505 can deliver up to 3A with 80% efficiency while maintaining over 80% efficiency at load currents as low as 10mA. It operates at a high frequency of 2.2MHz, which greatly reduces the value of the external components. A wide range of output capacitors can be used to optimize VOUT stability during load transients. The inductors 0.33μH may be used without affecting loop stability.
At moderate to light loads, the pulse frequency modulation (PFM) is used to maintain conversion efficiency with a typical non-switching quiescent current of 50µA. Even with such a low quiescent current, the HL7505 maintains excellent load and line transient responses. At higher loads, the system automatically switches to fixed-frequency pulse width modulation (PWM) operation at 2.2MHz for minimum VOUT ripple and optimal load transient response. In shutdown mode, the supply current drops below 1μA and reduces a power consumption.
- Input voltage ranges: 2.5-5.5V
- Output voltage ranges: 0.6-4.2V
- Maximum output current: 3A
- 2.2MHz PWM with seamless PWM/PFM switching for light-load efficiency
- Excellent load and line transient
- Quiescent current in PFM tristate: 50μA
- Comprehensive protections
- Input under-voltage lockout (UVLO)
- Over-current and short-circuit protections
- Thermal shutdown
- Active discharge when disabled
- Automatic PFM
- Enable input
- Power good output
- Sort start
- Over-current protection
- 2mm x 2mm DFN-8 package
For more information or a full datasheet request, please contact the factory at email@example.com.