I²C Programmable 6A DVS Buck Converter
HL7501 - Halo Microelectronics
The HL7501 is a synchronous buck converter optimized to supply different sub systems of portable applications. Its input voltage range is 2.5-5.5V. Its output voltage range is 0.6-1.42V programmed through an I2C interface. Its output voltage can be adjusted on the fly to provide dynamic voltage scaling (DVS) function with a programmable slew rate.
The HL7501 can deliver up to 6A while maintaining over 80% efficiency at load currents as low as 10mA. The maximum load current up to 7.5A can be supported for 50ms. It operates at fixed frequency of 2.4MHz, which reduces the value of the external components. A wide range of output capacitors can be used to optimize VOUT stability during load transients. Inductors from 0.33-1.0µH may be used without affecting loop stability.
At moderate to light loads, pulse frequency modulation (PFM) is used to maintain conversion efficiency with a typical non-switching quiescent current of 60µA. Even with such a low quiescent current, the HL7501 maintains excellent load and line transient responses. At higher loads, the system automatically switches to fixed-frequency pulse width modulation (PWM) operation at 2.4MHz for minimum VOUT ripple and optimal load transient response. In shutdown mode, the supply current drops below 1µA and reduces power consumption. The PFM Mode can be disabled if needed through I2C registers.
- Input voltage ranges: 2.5-5.5V
- Programmable output voltage:
- 0.600–1.420V in 10mV, 12.5mV, 12.826mV, or 12.967mV steps
- Maximum output current:
- 6A continuous, 7.5A peak
- 2.4MHz PWM with seamless PWM/PFM switching for light-load efficiency
- Dynamic voltage scaling (DVS) with programmable voltage slew rate
- Excellent load and line transient
- Quiescent current in PFM tristate: 60µA
- I2C interface with SM, FM, FM+, and HS modes
- Comprehensive protections
- Input under-voltage lockout (UVLO)
- Input over-voltage protection (OVP)
- Over-current and short-circuit protections
- Thermal shutdown
- 2.0mm x 1.6mm 20-bump chip-scale package
For more information or a full datasheet request, please contact the factory at email@example.com.