Dual-Phase 30W Charge Pump (CP) Direct Charger
HL7132 - Halo Microelectronics
The HL7132 is a low voltage 2:1 fast direct charger for 1 cell Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries. The device integrates a dual phase switched capacitor converter and reverse blocking MOSFET (QRB FET). The HL7132 has 97.11% efficiency at 4.5V output and 5A current with 1×22µF flying capacitor per phase.
The switched capacitor converter architecture and the integrated FETs in device are optimized to enable 50% duty cycle operation under charge pump (CP) mode. The 2:1 CP mode allows output voltage (VOUT) to be around half of the input voltage (VIN) and output current to double the input current, reducing input power cable loss and limiting temperature rise in application. The dual-phase architecture reduces input capacitance requirements and input voltage ripple.
The HL7132 provides CC (Constant Current) and CV (Constant Voltage) regulations through controlling the QRB FET for safe charging operation. The CC regulation is controlled through a closed loop of input current sensing or battery current sensing. The CV regulation is controlled through a closed loop of battery voltage sensing. In addition, the HL7132 also supports thermal regulation loop in case the CV/CC regulation causes overheating device.
For more detailed description of the device, please download a product brief.
- 20V AMR on VIN pin
- 5.5V to 11.7V Operational VIN voltage
- 5.5V Max operational output voltage
- Dual phase switched capacitor architecture
- Optimized for 50% duty
- Charge pump mode (CP mode)
- Continuous 6A output
- Regulation loops for charging operation through QRB FET control
- Input current regulation (IIN_REG)
- Battery voltage regulation (VVBAT_REG)
- Battery current regulation (IBAT_REG)
- Thermal regulation (TDIE_REG)
- 97.11% Efficiency for VOUT=4.5V_5A with 1×22µF Per phase and fSW = 700kHz
- Selectable switching frequency from 500kHz to 1.6MHz
- Integrated 10-bit ADC
- Input voltage (VIN)
- Output voltage (VOUT)
- Battery voltage (VBAT)
- Input current (IIN)
- Battery current (IBAT)
- TS input voltage (VTS)
- Die temperature (TDIE)
- Over die temperature protection
- VIN over/under voltage protection
- Voltage tracking protection
- Input over/under current protection
- VOUT over voltage protection
- VBAT over voltage protection
- IBAT over current protection
- VOUT short circuit protection
- VIN short circuit protection
- CFLY short circuit protection
- 95mm x 2.6mm 42-bump WLCSP
For more information or a full datasheet request, please contact the factory at firstname.lastname@example.org.