900mA, Single-Input, Single Cell Li-Ion and Li-Pol Battery Charger with Auto Start
The HL7040C series of devices are highly integrated Li-Ion and Li-Pol linear chargers devices targeted at space limited portable applications. The devices operate from either a USB port or AC adapter. The high input voltage range with input overvoltage protection supports low-cost unregulated adapters.
The HL7040C has a single power output that charges the battery. A system load can be placed in parallel with the battery as long as the average system load does not keep the battery from charging fully during the 10 hour safety timer.
The battery is charged in three phases: conditioning, constant current and constant voltage. In all charge phases, an internal control loop monitors the IC junction temperature and reduces the charge current if an internal temperature threshold is exceeded.
The charger power stage and charge current sense functions are fully integrated. The charger function has high accuracy current and voltage regulation loops, charge status display, and charge termination. The pre-charge current and termination current threshold are programmed via an external resistor on the HL7040C.
The fast charge current value is also programmable via an external resistor.
HL7040C is available in a 10-pin DFN package.
- 1% Charge voltage accuracy
- 10% Charge current accuracy
- Pin selectable USB 100mA and 500mA maximum input current limit
- Programmable termination and pre-charge threshold
- 30V input rating with 6.6V or 7.1V input over-voltage protection
- Inputvoltagedynamicpower management
- 25°C Thermal regulation
- 150°C Thermal shutdown protection
- OUT short-circuit protection and ISET short detection
- Operation over JEITA range via battery NTC-1/2 fast charge current at cold 4.06V at hot
- Programmable hot fault threshold
- Fixed 10-hour safety time
- Automatic termination and timer disable mode (TTDM) for absent battery pack with thermistor
- Available in small 2mm x 2mm DFN-10 package
- Integrated auto start function for production line testing
For more information or a full datasheet request, please contact the factory at firstname.lastname@example.org.