System Applications Engineer
Halo Microelectronics, a developer of analog and power management integrated circuits enabling energy-efficient smart systems is looking for an experienced System Applications Engineer to join the team.
As part of the Halo Microelectronics System Applications Team, the System Applications Engineer will play a key role in defining and developing products that go into smartphones, wireless headsets, gaming consoles, and other leading-edge consumer electronics. Working within a talented team of engineers, you will be developing solutions for Lithium-ion charging. This is a unique opportunity for someone passionate about developing leading-edge consumer hardware. You’ll be involved in the complete product life cycle from system concept through to customer device mass production. Potential candidates should have solid industry experience working with Lithium-ion batteries and in-depth knowledge of battery chargers, fuel gauges, and general power electronics.
- IC specification definition for switching regulators and battery charger products
- Completing product definitions that our design teams can turn into successful products
- Researching competitive solutions and devising better ones
- Interface with customers and the business team to understand market trends and customer needs to create product roadmaps
- Write application notes, user guides, articles, design ideas, datasheet manuscripts for internal/external publication
- Travel globally to engage with key partner customers and Halo Micro internal design staff
- 10+ years of battery management electronics experience with a bachelor’s degree in EE, or 8+ years of battery management experience with a master’s degree in EE
- Strong knowledge about power electronics (knowledge in switching regulators and/or battery chargers is a plus)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Must be able to perform as a team member