IC Design Engineer Intern
Halo Microelectronics focuses on the design and commercialization of high-performance analog and mixed-signal integrated circuit (IC) products. With deep industry experience and unique IPs on the design and manufacturing process technologies, Halo Micro offers state-of-the-art products in their respective application field, featuring best-in-class dynamic response, high efficiency, low heat generation, low EMI and small form factor solutions that rival the best of the industry.
As a graduate IC design engineering intern, you’ll work with our talented and experienced design engineers to define, design, model, implement and document analog and digital integrated circuits (ICs). And, you’ll have the opportunity to work in exciting areas like automotive, storage, power supply, battery management, port protection and many more.
Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Design, verification and validation of analog integrated and discrete circuits
- Simulation of analog integrated circuits using standard industry tools
- Modelling of DC-DC converters
- Design and characterization of DC-DC converters
- Review and documentation of results
- Peer reviews
- Minimum education bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Courses in the area of electronics and microelectronics
- Courses and experience in IC design are a must
- Student currently enrolled in the last year of a MS program or last 2 years in a PhD program in microelectronics, power electronics or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Analog design knowledge of basic building blocks (current mirrors, amplifiers, comparators, oscillators)
- Basic knowledge of control theory
- Experience with laboratory equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, electronic load, etc.)
- Basic knowledge about switching regulators
- Experience with CAD software for schematic and PCB design
Location: Plano, Texas
Put your talent to work with us as a graduate IC Design Engineering Intern – deliver greener and ubiquitous power for a better life and have fun in the process!
Please email your resume to HL.HR.US@halomicro.com.