2.5MHz High Efficiency Boost Converter
HL7612 - Halo Microelectronics
The HL7612 device provides a power supply solution for battery-powered portable applications. The HL7612 supports up to 1.0A load current from a battery discharged as low as 2.5V and allows the use of low-cost inductor and capacitors.
With a wide input voltage range of 2.5-5.5V, the device supports applications powered by Li-ion batteries with extended voltage range. The different fixed voltage output versions are available from 3.8V to 6.0V.
The HL7612 operates at a regulated 2.5MHz switching frequency and enters a power-save mode at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range. The PFM mode extends the battery life by reducing the quiescent current to 22μA (typ.) during the light load operation.
For more detailed description of the device, please download a product brief.
- 95% Efficiency at 2.5MHz operation
- 22μA Quiescent current in normal operation
- 17.5μA Quiescent current in standby operation
- Wide VIN range from 2.5-5.5V
- VIN ≥ VOUT operation
- IOUT ≥ 1000mA at VOUT=5.0V, VIN ≥ 3.0V
- IOUT ≥ 1500mA at VOUT=5.0V, VIN ≥ 4.0V
- ±2% Total DC voltage accuracy
- Light-load PFM mode
- Selectable standby mode or true load disconnect during shutdown
- Thermal shutdown and overload protection
- Only three surface-mount external components
- 9-Bump WLCSP or DFN-6 package
For more information or a full datasheet request, please contact the factory at firstname.lastname@example.org.