I²C Programmable 3A DVS Buck Converter
HL7593 - Halo Microelectronics
The HL7593 is a synchronous buck converter optimized to supply different sub systems of portable applications. Its input voltage range is 2.5-5.5V. Its output voltage range is 0.600V to 1.394V in 6.25mV steps, programmed through an I2C interface. Its output voltage can be adjusted on the fly to provide dynamic voltage scaling (DVS) function with a programmable slew rate.
The HL7593 can deliver up to 86% efficiency 3A output current and maintain over 80% efficiency at 10mA or higher light load currents. It operates at fixed frequency of 2.4MHz, which reduces the value and size of the external components. A wide range of output capacitors can be used to optimize output load transient performances. The inductors from 0.33µH to 1.0µH may be used without affecting loop stability.
For more detailed description of the device, please download a product brief.
- Input voltage operation ranges: 2.5-5.5V
- Programmable output voltage:
- 0.600-1.394V in 6.25mV/step
- Maximum output current: 3A
- Fixed 2.4MHz switching frequency
- Seamless PWM/PFM mode switching for high efficiency at light-load
- Output dynamic voltage scaling (DVS) with programmable voltage slew rate
- 0.5 mV to 64 mV/step
- Excellent load and line transients
- Quiescent current in PFM mode: 48µA
- I2C interface with SM, FM, FM+, and HS modes
- Comprehensive protections
- Input under-voltage lockout (UVLO)
- Input over-voltage protection (OVP)
- Over-current and short-circuit protections
- Thermal shutdown
- 2.01mm x 1.21mm 15-bump WLCSP package
For more information or a full datasheet request, please contact the factory at firstname.lastname@example.org.