SIM Card Interface Level Translator
HL5301 - Halo Microelectronics
The HL5301 is a SIM/smart card level translator that provides a level shifting and IEC61000-4-2 electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection for SIM card ports.
The device integrates two unidirectional level shifters for the RST and CLK signals, and bidirectional level shifter for IO, and ±8kV ESD protection on all card contacts.
The HL5301 includes an EN control input to aid the insertion and removal of SIM and smart cards and follows the deactivation sequence specified in ISO/IEC 7816-3 when EN is pulled low. The logic supply voltage range is +0.9V to +2.0V for VCCA, the “System side” and +1.5V to +3.6V for VCCB, the “SIM card side”. The total supply current is 0.3μA. The device automatically shuts down when either VCCA or VCCB power supply is removed.
The HL5301 is available in 10-pin STSLP, 1.40mm x 1.80mm x 0.55mm packages.
- SIM card interface level translator
- Host side (VCCA): 0.9-2.0V
- SIM card side (VCCB): 1.5-3.6V
- Low quiescent current: 0.3mA
- Level translation of IO, RST, and CLK between SIM card and host side interface with capacitance isolation
- RST, CLK: unidirection
- IO: bidirection with auto direction detection
- Advanced one-shot circuit to accelerate rising time on IO channels
- Built-in pull-up resistor in IO channels
- Built-in pull-down resistor in SIM card side
- Built-in series resistance in SIM side pins for short protection and EMI reduction
- Supports clock speed up to 10MHz
- Incorporates shutdown feature for the SIM card signals according to ISO-7816-3
- IEC61000-4-2 ESD protection on SIM card interface side (RST_SIM, CLK_SIM, IO_SIM, VCCB)
- Contact discharge: ±8kV
- Air discharge: ±15kV
- 10 pin STSLP, 1.40mm x 1.80mm x 0.55mm package
For more information or a full datasheet request, please contact the factory at email@example.com.